About Me

My photo
‘Painting for me is the freedom to create and there is always something new to learn. Mistakes made, usually turn out to be the best part of the painting because it is unexpected. Never let yourself get bored.’

Sep 8, 2009

Turakina Baches

Acrylic/Ink/Mixed Media on Canvas (Tryptich)
This painting was from our travels to New Zealand. North Island Turakina - a colourful row of baches (beach houses) full of personality. I made the painting into a tryptich. I had plenty of offers to buy just the 'sky' piece or the 'grass' piece. I ended up with a commission for a similar 'grass' canvas when it showed at the group exhibition 'Rites of Recognition'. Which now resides in Coffs Harbour N.S.W. 
The original painting has a new home in Brisbane QLD.

No comments:

Post a Comment